Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Shabby.........where's the......chic?????????

Shabby chic is a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their age and signs of wear and tear or new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique. At the same time, a soft, minimalistic, and feminine feel is emphasized to differentiate it from regular vintage decor; hence the "chic" in the name.




hab·by  (shb)
adj. shab·bi·ershab·bi·est
1.
a. Showing signs of wear and tear; threadbare or worn-out: shabby furniture.
b. Dilapidated or deteriorated in condition, especially through neglect; seedy: a shabby little park.
2. Wearing threadbare clothing.
3.
a. Despicable; mean: a shabby trick.
b. Not generous or just; unfair: shabby treatment.
c. Of mediocre or substandard quality: a shabby performance




just shabby
I just love shabby chic.  I spend so much time drooling over the wonderful blogs full of beautiful pictures of shabby chic decor.  I thought......I can do that, it's white and light and lovely and looks so inviting.  Ahh, I have found , NOT so easy.


Soooooo the slipcovers go back and I call in the big guns, my friend is making custom slip cover and the transformation will be postponed just a little bit.  It will be a White Christmas, and Halloween will still be in color.



1 comment:

vivian said...

well just be sure to show us the transformation!! I like shabby chic, but I like so many other things too.. my house is a mix of lots of styles really. but it works for me!
xoxo
vivian