Monday, November 21, 2011

TEA CUP TUESDAY OLD COUNTRY ROSES.

I have been having a wonderful weekend, and back to work today.  What a great day and it's gonna get even better. Tomorrow is Tea cup Tuesday and I just love reading all those blogs.  I have my favorite tea cup to share with you.  
I have service for 16 of Old Country Roses which I will get to use for Thanksgiving dinner.  I will be cooking for my family which I have done almost all my adult life.  For 3 years my daughter took over and I was just a helper, well with the turn of events this week, I will be getting my old position back. It may be temporary, but I love to do it.  Get up real early and chop all the celery, onions and get the stuffing ready to stuff in the 25 lb turkey my son is bringing.  Oh, one of the big treats is my son is coming to stay for the weekend and help me cook.  When he was just 2 he was in charge of "painting" the turkey with butter and seasonings.  He graduated to washing and getting the "bag"  out of the turkey when he was about 5 and now he does all the heavy work.  All this while we watch the parade and then Christmas movies.  My grandchildren are staying here too, and this will be my first Thanksgiving to share with John....(Santa).  Oh I have so much to be thankful for. I am so blessed.  My parents will be here to!!!  (pictures to follow)



AHHHH but for tea cup Tuesday.....Here is my beautiful Old Country Roses cup filled  with beautiful handmade kewpie dolls and silk roses and organza ribbon and tiny pearls made by awonderful doll artist,for me.

4 comments:

Martha's Favorites said...

Love your cup. How precious to have your son help you cook. You are truly blessed. Hugs, Martha

Terri said...

I love OCR! It is such a timeless pattern and looks so lovely set at the table. Lucky you to have the entire set, and those cupie dolls! So cute!
Have a fabulous time hosting Thanksgiving once again.
Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Terri

vivian said...

oh Lori, I'm so glad you have your family coming for thanksgiving. sounds like youre blessed! I'm having everyone here too. crowded for sure, but wouldnt have it any other way.
LOVE that sweet teacup full of tiny kewpies! afreakendorable!
Happy Thanksgiving!
xoxoxo
vivian

Sue Perkins said...

Hi Lori, I'm a little late reading this, so I hope your Thanksgiving was as fabulous as it sounded like it would be. Love the tea cup with the Kewpie dolls. Better hide it from me as I collect Kewpies! See you at the Christmas party!