Wednesday, February 22, 2012

TEDDY BEAR SHOW

Cupid 22" white wavy mohair
cat in a gilded cage
Well, on Sunday I went to the Bright Star show in Tampa.  So glad that Valerie Rogers puts on such a lovely show.  I am still making teddies after 29 years.  Some years not as many as in the past, but this year I am staying busy.  Right now getting ready for the on line show TeddiesWorldWide.  Such a great idea....an online show for those who can't travel.   But this past Sunday was so great.  Lots of wonderful bear artists from around the country were right here in Tampa.  It was great seeing friends from the past 25 years.  Our bear club hosted a show for about 14 years and we had such an awesome time.  All volunteer!!!! At one time we had as many as 70 members.  We had an auction that brought in over $100,000.  in the 14 years.  All that money was donated to the "Spring" a shelter for abused families.  We got together with about 10 members from our group.  It was so nice to reminisce and remember all the great people who we have met along the way, those living and gone.  So blessed to have known some amazing people.  Met some new artists and they were amazing.  I only got one little gift for my honey, a Santa Bear, as he is my Santa.  My friends however, did adopt some beautiful new bears.  And now enough bable, I have to sew for a little while, get ready for the show.

2 comments:

vivian said...

hi Lori, did you see Nancy dontigney there? I think she was at a show this past weekend as well.
ok.. now get busy! cant wait to see what your making for the show.
xo
vivian

SarahBeth said...

Your cupid bear is a cutie! Sounds like the show you attended was a lot of fun!
(Thanks for stopping by my Rednesday!)